Spoonfed will allow you to Export Sales Invoice information (in an iif format) for importing into Quickbooks (Desktop or Client/Server version).
The import will update your Customer Ledger Account, the Income Account and, if applicable, the Sales Tax Liability Account in Quickbooks.
Please note the following:
- If your Customer already exists in QuickBooks, then the Customer Name in Spoonfed must exactly match the Customer Name in QuickBooks, otherwise, if no exact match is found, QuickBooks will create a new Customer. This will lead to more than one account for the same Customer in QuickBooks and result in confusion. It might be a good idea only to create new Customers in Spoonfed, that way you won't get multiple accounts being created.
- Spoonfed is programmed to update the Standard Quickbooks Ledger Accounts for Income and Sales Tax. An update to be released very shortly will allow you to direct the Imported Invoice information into specified accounts.
- In a similar way to Customers, above, provided that the names of Sales Tax teams setup in Quickbooks match with those in Spoonfed, Quickbooks will use existing the existing Sales Tax Items in Quickbooks. However, if there is no match in QuickBooks, a new Sales Tax Item will be created. Contact us if you are having trouble with this - we can amend the Sales Tax Setup for you in Spoonfed.
- If you want to continue to create Invoices in QuickBooks, please remember to create a separate number sequence to avoid creating invoice numbers, which will be imported from Spoonfed.
- If you try to import the same Invoice number twice into Quickbooks, you will receive a warning message.
To find out how to Export your Invoices from Spoonfed, click here